Tuesday, March 9, 2010

JAI7 Spinning card

For the JAI challenge, I thought to myself that after doing this project, anything that's IMPOSSIBLE could be POSSIBLE with perseverance and creative thinking. My niece is having her 4th birthday soon, so I thought that this challenge could be good to give her. I only used that prescribed colours with cardstock, but no ink (except for so saffron) as I am not a bold fan. Luckily, the pastels are a big help for this challenge which I used on the girl. I like cards with movement so I made a spinning birthday card that shows the 4 colours when you turn the wheel each time. I embossed the party hats, the gift, and the cupcake on the inside card.


I just made the inside simple, but still clear embossed it and added dimension to it for greater effect.
Stamps: Party hearty, Vintage labels (happy birthdy), Kids at play (retired).

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Great spinner card. Must give this a go sometime soon. Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along at Just Add Ink.

Danielle Daws said...

Great job! The soft subtles work well with the bold brights (I love the little girl, she's so cute). Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Clarissa..The little girl going for a spin on the wheel is inspired!!