Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Mom

I have been thinking for the past few days what  to give my mum on Mother's Day. I am kind of predictable with my gifts, as she knows that it is usually, handmade. But this is my first time to join this challenge, ODBDSLC10, by using a recycled acetate packaging. Over at Stampin Sisters in Christ, the challenge was to use flowers on your creation. I thought of using silk flowers  and branches from the SU bird punch to add that special touch to the card. What I loved most is the sentiment that came with it from Proverbs 34:95-96 "She is clothes with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I am so glad you joined the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week!! Your Mother's Day card and use of the acetate paper is gorgeous!! What a beautiful choice of colors and details to frame that beautiful verse!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light and Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Clarissa - this is so pretty, I love the way you have framed the verse with those gorgrous flowers, a lovely touch! Great take on the challenge! It is great to see you play along with Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Clarissa, I am so glad you've joined us in ODBD's Shining the Light Challenge!! How creative to use an acetate packaging on your card! Thanks for palying along!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina